Mobile Marketing is growing exponentially that is why you need a mobile Website!
Create Mobile Website: 22 Reasons
- Mobile Web is growing 8x faster than PC based Web.
- 70% of the world’s population now has a mobile phone.
- In 2010, mobile subscribers surpassed 5 billion.
- 85% of children own a phone while only 73% own books at home.
- Since 2008 mobile data traffic is up 3000% and is expected to increase 40 fold over the next 5 years.
- Between January and March 2010, 314.7 million phones were activated.
- Android is growing at a rate of 886% – 160,000 android phones are being activated everyday
- There are twice as many Web-enabled mobile devices today as there are internet connected PCs.
- Mobile Internet is growing faster than desktop internet ever did.
- 1,000,000 smart phones are activated every week.
- Google reports that mobile search volume is up 130% year-over-year.
- 65% online search market share is eclipsed in mobile…where Google owns 95% of search.
- A whopping 53% of Bing mobile queries are targeted on local, meaning searchers on mobile devices are searching for local stuff like restaurants, tourist spots, the best bars, etc…
- Mobile searches are the #one method for finding local information – According to Google Data 88% of users looking for local info take action within a day.
- Ad CTRs on mobile devices were 37% more than desktop.
- Consumers are 51% more likely to purchase from retailers that have mobile-specific Websites.
- By 2014, it’s predicted that mobile Internet usage will overtake desktop Internet usage.
- One half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices.
- Reports have shown an increase of 29% of all mobile searches from the first quarter of 2011. The same rise was measured in mobile retail search traffic that saw a whopping increase of 181%; compared to last year’s figures.
- Regular Websites annoy mobile Web users – Mobile phones have smaller screens, forcing users to scroll and make it harder to read content.
- Google uses different indexes – Google tracks mobile Websites separate from their main database. Claim an early spot before your competitor does!
- One out of five people view the Web from mobile devices everyday – Don’t be the last who grabs these users attention.
You can check out how your Website would look on a mobile smart phone so that you can know how easy or frustrating it is for your mobile visitors to go and linger on your Website.